Monday, August 12, 2013

Weigh In: Jump Start My Weight Loss, Please!

Uh, yeah... still 198 lbs. Ugh...

Chest: 44"
Waist: 38"
Hips: 48"
(Only gained 4 pounds over the past 8 months, but have added 6.5" overall the above measured. Not good, Sara. Not good. Don't worry, though, it's all about to change.)

If you follow my blog then you know that I am gung-ho for about two - three weeks then the hype fads and so does my dedication. I recently (finally) got a gym membership.  I have been going three times per week for the past three weeks and haven't seen any change on the scale or in how my pants fit.  (In good news, I can tell a difference in my endurance for exercise, so I am pretty happy about that.) I need a jump start.  I need something that is a short (very short) term commitment that will help with my commitment to weight loss.  I think I found something...

  • 24 days... Three weeks and three days!  That is all I have to commit so it sounds right up my alley.  
  • No dairy for only 10 days... no problem.  I might miss cheese, but it's only 10 days. I can do anything for only 10 days.
  • Take supplements... I am terrible at taking vitamins and really should do this anyway.
  • Eat healthy... uh, yeah. I should do this anyway. Limit or avoid sweets, soda, white flour, etc. Sweets will be hard. My lifelong weakness. Ugh.
Sounds doable, huh?  It's the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. (Full disclosure:  Although these products are sold through direct sales, I am NOT a distributor. I do not sell this product.  It is not a sponsored post.)  A friend of mine did it and lost 27 pounds (more than a pound a day!) during the challenge and didn't even exercise.  I don't expect results that dramatic because she was (and still is) larger than me and ate really poorly before the challenge.  However, I do plan on still exercising atleast three times per week, so who knows what could happen.  All I know is that it is a short commitment and definitely worth a try.  

There is a group of people doing the challenge together starting August 24th.  I am really looking forward to having support throughout it. If you would like to join in then we would love to have you!!! There will be a special Facebook group made and everything! If you want to join in just go to this link to get the product and then email me at heavytohappy at gmail.com and I will add you to the group.  

I plan on blogging about the whole experience.  If you are unsure about it then just follow along to find out my honest opinion on the product.  August 24th, I am ready!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment