Monday, August 26, 2013

Day Two: 24 Day Challenge

Day Two

RECAP: So much better than Day one!  

I woke up with a headache, but that is not challenge related.  I get muscle spasms in my right shoulder that pinches a nerve. The pain typically runs up my neck and over my head. Sometimes I get migraines and sometimes the pain goes down my arm.  I went through physical therapy for it and it helped a lot.  Now it only happens once a month or so rather than twice a week. Anyway, back to the challenge. 

Woke up. Drank Spark. Took Catalyst. (worked from home on a Sunday, bleh) Ate breakfast. Drank the Fiber Drink.  I promised a picture of it and here it is!


Today I only mixed it with six ounces of water instead of the recommended eight.  Eight just takes too long to drink (I can't guzzle).  With six I could add more water as it thickened to make it go down better. My husband looked at it today and and said it looked like seeds in goo (It starts out seeds in water, but the longer it sits the thicker it gets). I agree.  Also, you must wash the glass it was in by hand.  Probably the sooner the better.  The dishwasher did not get my glass from Day One clean... at all. The seedy goo was still stuck all over it. At least I know that it is cleaning the walls of my intestines because it must be in there sticking to everything! 

Ate breakfast. Worked some more. Took a nap on a heating pad to try to get rid of my muscle spasm headache (didn't work). Worked and ate carrots. Ate lunch. Ate a nectarine for snack. Drank a spark (yes, I needed two today). Worked more (riviting, huh?). Cooked dinner. 

I made stuffed bell peppers and they were delicious!!!  Again, I should have taken a picture.  I really need to get better at that! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients: 
1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
1 garlic, minced
1/4 onion, minced
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
3 large green bell peppers
1 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 cups cooked brown rice
Olive oil spray

Directions: 
Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and parsley to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and meat together.

Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Enjoy!

Even my husband loved it!  I think next time I will substitute cilantro for the parsley just to give it a kick. This will definitely go on repeat during my challenge.  It was easy, tasted good, and I didn't feel like I was missing out (dieters, you know what I mean). 

After dinner, I watched a little tv, paced the house as I had chocolate withdrawals, and read a book. Took my herbal cleanse and went to bed. By the way, the herbal cleanse caplets turned my pee green. Alarming at first, but I was assured that it is normal.

OVERALL THOUGHTS: Today I was much less grouchy (despite my muscle spasm headache).  My stomach was less upset. I was prepared.  I didn't miss butter and other condiments as much. Although, I terribly missed having something sweet after dinner (I was like a smoker needing my after dinner drag).  I substituted it with a piece of fruit. The fruit may have tricked my taste buds, but not my mind. That was a little rough. It is still too soon to form an opinion on the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment