Friday, January 4, 2013

Weigh-In: 1/04/12

I am going to start to do a weekly weigh-in, probably on Wednesdays starting next week.  Plus once a month I will post an updated photo so we both can visually see my progress.

As you probably saw, I started doing Les Mills Combat on 12/31/12.  It is a 60 day program. There are three levels of intensity and I am doing the easiest.  However, easiest is by no means easy!  It is kicking my butt and I LOVE it! I really think the key to me sticking to fitness for the rest of my life is going to be cardio-kickboxing.  I know I love it so why stop?  So after this 60 days I may do the program over again at the next intensity level.  Money has been tight so I can't afford a gym membership right now, but hopefully by the spring things will be looking up! I found a local gym that does cardio kickboxing once a week which is better than nothing.  Plus I can make some new friends that have a similar interest. I am very excited for what 2013 has in store for me!

Here are the stats:
Weight - 197.4
Chest - 42.5
Waist - 35.5
Hips - 45.75

This week I did really well with my eating.  Unfortunately, I did not count my calories on New Year's Eve, but I think I still did okayish for a holiday (excluding Champagne and cheese dip!).  All the other days I stayed within my calorie limit for the first time in over a year! I am really proud of myself.  I am using Sparkpeople to count my calorie intake and keep track of how many calories I burn through my workouts.  It has helped SO much.  PLUS, I have met some really great people that have given me great support.  One even helped me work through some issues that were blocking me from truly devoting myself to fitness and health (I'll save the details for another day). If you haven't tried Sparkpeople then you really should.  Plus add me as friend, Dew180!  See you there!

Please feel free to weigh in with me below in the comments, include your starting weight, current weight and goal weight.  We CAN do this together!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just read up on your blog today, when searching for some weight loss items.
    Like you -dew was/is my favorite drink- and we sit at approx the same weight. A year ago, I married a wonderful man who is 5'10' 168 lbs when wet. He recently has become concerned for "our health". And although I was attending a gym last year, my work schedule change to overnights, which severly affects my relationship, my eating and sleeping Habits, and any time to work out. I did quit smoking in October- to only- surprise- Gain weight. But my lungs will Thank me one day. I am currently trying to make a concious effort to lose weight- not doing anything specific yet- though I did take some rasberry ketones this am and was pleasantly surprised. I will continue to read up on your blog and post from time to time- I can tell you in the past I went to the YMCA, currently have a planet fitness membership, own Insanity and all the Turbo Jam workouts. Thank you for letting me in on your piece of the world!
    Brenda Fitzgerald..allysugar@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda,

      It means so much to me that you would read my little blog! If we want it then we can do it! Congratulations on quitting smoking. That is a wonderful step that you took in your life! I 100% believe in taking things in steps. What's your next step? Counting calories? 10 minutes of fitness per day?

      I understand about how being tired can affect your weight. I call it "Eating for Energy" because your sleep sucks. I have a sleep disorder (among other things) and, until recently, found myself eating to stay awake. Also, my husband worked overnight shift for two years. I would only see him for an hour a day while he was getting ready. It really took a toll on our relationship, but we both were willing to work through it and made it!

      Good luck to you!!! Please keep in touch!
      Sara

      Delete