Saturday, January 26, 2013

My husband is going Clean

Clean Eating that is. It was all his idea and I encouraged him, of course. I have even offered to join him. BUT he does not like to cook and I do not have the time to cook every meal for him. I do not know how long this will last but we have already learned a lot in just two days.

1 - It is truly shocking how much unpronounceable junk is put into our food. We cleaned out our pantry and went from five shelves of food to ONE (We are donating it to a local food bank). So then we went grocery shopping.
2 - It is possible to still shop at Wal-Mart to eat clean. I am not promoting Wal-Mart. They have the most consistent low-prices so all this post means is that... You do not have to start shopping at the super expensive health food store in order to eat healthy or to eat clean. It does not have to make you go broke. However...
3 - Clean eating requires planning  (Atleast a little foresight anyway). If you do not plan then chances are it will be a lot more expensive for you because you will be throwing away food that has gone bad. Clean eating means that the foods you choose will not have artifical preservatives to extend the shelf life.  If you are like I have been in the past then you will find yourself saying "Oh crap! I need to eat this today or I will have to throw it away." Or maybe even "Gross, look at all this mold."

If we stick to this or not, it has opened my eyes. I doubt we will ever go back to having four shelves of food with words we cannot pronounce.

Do you eat clean? Do you have any tips to make it last?

No comments:

Post a Comment