Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Skinny Rules

"The Skinny Rules" by Bob Harper came out in May 2012.  I have a friend who swears by it and has lost over 60 pounds over the past six months.  I do several of these on a regular basis like Rule #2: Don't Drink Your Calories and #15: Make Your Own Food and Eat at Least Ten Meals a Week at Home.  When I am being serious about eating healthy then I only average about 11/20.  Let's face it, some of these are really DIFFICULT! 

If all these rules are completely overwhelming then it is okay to take it slow.  Be proud of the Skinny Rules in which you already flourish then start with the easy ones.  Pick one or two a week to implement.  Plus save the really hard ones for last because you might need to focus on each one for several weeks to really make it stick before adding a new one. Before you know it, you will have mastered them all and they will be solid in your daily lifestyle.  The most important thing is to make all of these rules part of your lifestyle, not just part of this month's diet. 

The hardest two for me are #5 and #10.  30 - 50 grams of fiber is a lot harder to consume than it may seem.  I have tried this in the past and failed miserably. No artificial sweetener stabs at my heart.  I don't use a lot of it, but I drink 2-3 glasses of Crystal Light per day. I get tired of only drinking water.  Maybe I can find a replacement for my Crystal Light that doesn't contain sweetener.  Any suggestions (please post in the comments)?

Most importantly, don't forget to be proud of the "Skinny Rules" that already exist in your lifestyle!!!

Which "rules" are easy for you?  Any tips for the rest of us?


2 comments:

  1. In the summer I keep a pitcher of cucumber water or peppermint iced tea in my fridge. I also like unsweetened sparkling water. During the winter I drink a lot of ginger tea with lemon. I find these to be good alternatives to sweetened drinks and just plain water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try them all, especially the ginger tea with lemon. Thanks for the suggestions!

      Delete