Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mind over Matter (or Body)

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." – Vincent Lombardi

Isn't that the truth? My mind gets in the way all the time. So what can we do to convince our minds that our bodies can do "it"? I believe that is where the affirmations help (see my post "Affirmations to help you lose weight!"). Also, I am impatient. I want to exercise and see results by the next day, but it just does not work that way. Building the body you want takes time. The saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" applies here. I have to constantly remind myself that it takes time and that is okay. If I added up all the time I spent being impatient or upset over my body and had put that time into exercise instead... then my body would not be in such bad shape.  Lesson learned and I am starting today to reverse this bad pattern of thinking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment