Friday, July 13, 2012

And so it begins... P90x!

As far as exercise goes I have tried it all.  I have done kickboxing, running, Zumba, cycling, etc.  This should tell you something, I have subscribed to Shape magazine for 15 years.  I have decided to try something new... P90x.  Am I scared? Yes.  Do I know that it will be hard? Yes.  Do I think I will make it? I hope so.  

I have a lot of fat to lose so it would be unreasonable to expect to be cut like on the commercials.  What I hope to gain from P90x is routine, stability and accountability.  It takes the guessing out of working out.  What will I do today to exercise?  Swim, run, a class? When I can't make up my mind I often don't do anything.  As of today when I ask myself I can look at the list and say "Disc 1". It is that easy.  And I can say that everyday for the next 90 days.  As for accountability, I will not want to miss a day and mess up the program.  I know it won't really be messed up because I can just do that set the next day.  However, I want to give it my best shot. I want to follow the exercise program as closely as possible.  

To be honest, I have had the program for almost a month now.  I did the "diet" for about a week, but gave up. I found it hard to stick to a low carb diet especially since I have mild IBS.  And I did the first three days before I quit.  I started it with my husband (yes, the one that doesn't believe in exercise) and he quit after two (why was I surprised?).  On day 4, he promised that he would start it over with me in a few days, so I stopped in anticipation to start it over with him.  Yes, I know I should not have stopped... This probably goes without saying, but he did not start it again. Not having a partner makes exercising that much more difficult for me. 

This time I am doing it with or without him!!!!  I will stick to it! I have told him over and over that it would be really supportive if he would exercise with me.  This time when he does not follow through I will not use it as an excuse to quit.  

So, with that said... I will be doing the exercises.  I will not be doing the "diet" that comes with P90x, but I will be counting my calories and eating healthy. Here is my "BEFORE" picture...  

5'2"
190 lbs. 

Chest: 41"
Waist: 33.75"
Hips: 44.5"

Wish me luck!  Also, feel free to send encouragement my way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment